For the 13th consecutive year, Cains, has been recognised as one of the highest-ranked law firms in the Isle of Man after retaining top-tier status across all of its key practice areas in the 2021 edition of The Legal 500 UK.
Legal 500 is one of the most highly regarded international directories for the legal industry and grades law firms following a thorough and independent research process, which includes interviews with clients and 250,000 in-house peers, as well as an assessment of the transactions and confidential matters provided by the firms themselves.
Published on Wednesday 30th September, the hotly anticipated 2021 edition once again awarded Cains Tier one rankings across 5 of its key practice areas, including Banking, Finance & Capital Markets, Commercial Property, Corporate and Commercial, Dispute Resolution and Insurance and Pensions. Two of its more niche practice areas, Employment and Gambling were awarded Tier 2.
As well as the firm rankings, 15 of its lawyers gained individual recognition. Three featured in the Legal 500 Hall of Fame, which is reserved for law firm partners who ‘are at the pinnacle of the profession’ and have received ‘constant praise by their clients for continued excellence’.
In addition, six of the firm’s lawyers are recognised as ‘Leading Individuals’ with a further six being hailed as ‘Next Generation Partners’ and ‘Rising Stars’.
Impressive client feedback continued to provide the directory with praise across the board with some of the many highlights including comments such as “Cains is unrivalled in the Isle of Man” and “Cains has retained a strong sense of personal relationships with clients, coupled with good technical knowledge.”
One client stated that “Cains have a great company culture supported by a strong pool of experienced and talented professionals which makes them the number one choice on the Isle of Man.” While another stated the team are “Incredibly professional, commercial and approachable.”
Peter Clucas, Managing Director of Cains, said: “We are once again delighted with the recognition Cains has received within this year’s Legal 500 UK edition.
2020 has been an unprecedented year for all businesses, so retaining our top-tier rankings for the 13th consecutive year is not only testament to the strength in depth of expertise we possess across our key practice teams but also a reflection of the personal service and excellence of work we continue to provide to our clients.
It’s also particularly pleasing to see so many of our dedicated lawyers ranked in the elite of legal minds in the Isle of Man. We thank our clients for providing outstanding feedback and our staff for their commitment and hard work.”
This impressive set of results follows Cains financial and corporate practice being awarded Tier One status in the IFLR [International Financial Law Review] 1000 2021.
The International Financial Law Review guide is the only legal directory solely focused on ranking law firms and lawyers on the basis of financial and corporate transactional work.
The full list of Cains’ Legal 500 UK leading individuals includes:
HALL OF FAME:
- Peter Clucas (Managing Director) – Dispute Resolution
- Seth Caine (Senior Consultant) – Dispute Resolution
- Tristan Head (Director) – Banking, Finance & Capital Markets, Corporate and Commercial
- Scott Leonard-Morgan (Director) – Banking, Finance & Capital Markets, Corporate and Commercial
- Tim Shepherd (Director) – Banking, Finance & Capital Markets
- Alex Poole-Wilson (Managing Associate) – Commercial Property
- Robert Colquitt (Director) – Dispute Resolution
- Jonathan Latham (Consultant) – Insurance and Pensions
NEXT GENERATION PARTNERS:
- Stephanie Chew (Managing Associate) – Banking, Finance & Capital Markets, Commercial Property and Corporate and Commercial
- Catherine Hamill (Consultant) – Banking, Finance & Capital Markets
- Matthew Wilkinson (Associate) – Corporate and Commercial
- Matthew Quinn (Senior Associate) – Banking, Finance & Capital Markets, Insurance & Pensions
- Charles Williams (Associate) – Dispute Resolution
- Tara Cubbon (Senior Associate) – Dispute Resolution