Our sectors. Space and Satellite
Commercially-focused legal advice from space experts.
The Isle of Man is a pro-space jurisdiction and a recognised centre of excellence for the provision of specialised financial and regulatory services to the global space and satellite industry.
Our Space and Satellite team has received a Tier One ranking each and every year since the introduction of the practice area “Shipping, Aviation and Space” in The Legal 500. Our experts combine in-depth knowledge of this complex sector with commercial focused legal advice to act for some of the world’s leading satellite operators and launch companies.
Our lawyers advise clients in relation to contract negotiation, regulatory matters, multi-jurisdictional satellite financing and leasing transactions, procurement of satellite construction and launch services and insurance.
The advantages of doing space business on the Isle of Man include:
- zero tax on space and satellite business
- access to orbital positions and radio frequencies
- a pro-space government
- access to key decision makers
- an established professional infrastructure (which includes many of the world’s leading companies in finance and insurance)
- an established base of satellite, aerospace and high tech industries
- financial incentives and grant aid for businesses which create new jobs on the Island.