Our sectors. Insurance and Reinsurance
Commercially-focused legal advice from insurance experts.
The Isle of Man has a thriving and internationally highly regarded insurance industry. In addition to Isle of Man based international life companies, which are among the most successful in the world, the Isle of Man is host to captive insurance companies providing cover to numerous UK and global household names in the energy, telecommunications, transportation, manufacturing and retail sectors, among others.
Members of our Insurance and Reinsurance team, which is ranked in the top tier by The Legal 500, have a unique understanding of the insurance industry which enables them to provide practical and focussed advice to our clients.
We are proud to work closely with the relevant Isle of Man regulatory and industry bodies in respect of developments in the Isle of Man insurance sector, enabling us to stay at the forefront of developments within the sector.
“A team that can provide a full service offering for insurance business.”
Our specialist Insurance and Reinsurance team provides advice on all aspects of general Isle of Man insurance law, including:
- insurance regulatory and compliance issues
- regulation of insurance intermediaries
- marketing of insurance products
- establishment of captive and other insurance companies
- granting of permission to foreign insurers to carry on insurance business in the Isle of Man
- re-domiciliation of insurance companies both to and from the Isle of Man
- corporate transactions, including insurance portfolio transfers and reinsurance
- commutation and other insurance-related arrangements and transactions involving Isle of Man insurers.