For the 14th consecutive year, Cains is once again leading the way as one of the highest-ranked law firms in the Isle of Man, with 14 lawyers having been recognised in the 2022 edition of The Legal 500 UK.
The Legal 500 is one of the most highly regarded international directories for the legal industry and grades law firms following a thorough and independent research process. This includes interviews with clients, over 250,000 in-house counsel and private practice peers, as well as an assessment of the transaction details provided by the firms themselves.
Published on Wednesday 29th September, the hotly anticipated 2022 edition once again awarded Cains Tier one rankings across 6 of its key practice areas, including Corporate and Commercial, Banking, Finance & Capital Markets, Commercial Property, Dispute Resolution, Insurance and Pensions and Gambling. The growing Employment practice was awarded Tier two ranking.
Of the 14 lawyers recognised, two lawyers maintained Hall of Fame status, seven were recognised as ‘Leading Individuals’ (including four within the Banking, Finance and Capital Markets practice) and a further five were hailed as ‘Next Generation Partners’ and ‘Rising Stars’.
Impressive client feedback provided the directory with praise across the board, such as “Cains are the clear market leaders in the Isle of Man for corporate practice. They bring onshore standards of service and expertise to the offshore market” and “First class lawyers in probably the most impressive and established commercial litigation firm on the Island. They have a depth of knowledge probably unrivalled on the island.”
Other accolades included that “Cains provides a Rolls Royce service, with a powerhouse reputation – both on Island and Internationally.”
In addition to those ranked, Lindsey Bermingham, director and member of Cains Litigation team was described as “brilliant, thorough and exercises excellent judgement. Calm in a crisis, she has immense experience of the financial regulatory world as well as commercial litigation. Her experience, given much of the business on the Island, is unrivalled.”
This impressive set of results follows Cains financial and corporate practice being awarded Tier One status in the IFLR [International Financial Law Review] 1000 2021 and being crowned “Law Firm of the Year – Isle of Man” for the past three years by Citywealth IFC.
Click here to view our full rankings.
The full list of Cains’ Legal 500 UK leading individuals includes:
HALL OF FAME:
- Peter Clucas (Managing Director) – Dispute Resolution
- Seth Caine (Senior Consultant) – Dispute Resolution
- Tristan Head (Director) – Banking, Finance & Capital Markets; Corporate and Commercial
- Scott Leonard-Morgan (Director) – Banking, Finance & Capital Markets; Corporate and Commercial
- Steven Quayle (Director) – Banking, Finance & Capital Markets
- Tim Shepherd (Director) – Banking, Finance & Capital Markets
- Alex Poole-Wilson (Managing Associate) – Commercial Property
- Robert Colquitt (Director) – Dispute Resolution
- Jonathan Latham (Consultant) – Insurance and Pensions
NEXT GENERATION PARTNERS:
- Stephanie Chew (Managing Associate) – Banking, Finance & Capital Markets, Commercial Property and Corporate and Commercial
- Catherine Hamill (Consultant) – Banking, Finance & Capital Markets
- Matthew Wilkinson (Associate) – Corporate and Commercial
- Charles Williams (Associate) – Dispute Resolution
- Tara Cubbon (Managing Associate) – Dispute Resolution