Peter manages the firm’s litigation department. His areas of practice include general commercial litigation matters, insolvency and money laundering matters.
Regularly recommended by the legal directories for his work in these areas, he is described as: “unfailingly efficient and effective”.
Clients have commented that he “has the skill set of a formidable advocate: he is well prepared, confident and very good on his feet”.
He is “readily available, personable and gets results”.
Peter has extensive advocacy experience, and appears regularly before the various divisions of the Isle of Man High Court.
- Dominator Limited v Gilberson SL & Others – acted for plaintiff in seeking Limitation Decree under Article 10 of Convention on Limitation for Maritime Claims 1976; case involved appeal court decision on power to allow service out of jurisdiction.
- Re Kaupthing Singer & Friedlander (Isle of Man) Limited – represented bank in wind-up of Kaupthing Singer & Friedlander (Isle of Man) Limited.
- Re Scottish & Newcastle International Limited – acted for subsidiary of multi-national brewer in relation to corporate restructuring involving Court approved capital reduction.
- Re Nedgroup Target Return Fund Plc – acted for closed ended investment company in relation to restructuring and closure of sub-funds via scheme of arrangement.
- Golfrate Africa Limited v Aziz, Moaz & Strand (London) Limited – successfully defended third party in “Norwich Pharmacal” application.
- LSI Faragy v El Faragy – acted for defendant in enforcement proceedings involving conflict of laws / comity principles.
- Law Investments Limited & Others – acted for liquidator in winding-up of five related companies in which fraud was alleged.
- Bellingden Limited v Locke – acted for defendants proceedings struck out for abuse of process – forum conviens case.
- Lumsden Limited v Liggins and Others – acted for plaintiff in obtaining judgment against defendant and his professional partners for knowing assistance in breach of trust.
- Re LCL Insurance Company Limited – acted for applicant in relation to seeking Court sanction to insurance business transfer scheme.
If we can help you with any requirements please call us on +44 1624 638300 or email us your enquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org