Lindsey’s areas of practice include all aspects of commercial and chancery litigation. Lindsey is also highly experienced in regulatory issues, anti-money laundering and international cooperation and has significant experience of large scale criminal investigations and trials.
In 2010 Lindsey was awarded the Chief Constable’s Certificate of Merit for her contribution to a complex money laundering/fraud investigation.
Lindsey has been hailed as “knowledgeable and approachable”, with clients briefing her “because they don’t want her on the other side”.
Lindsey has recently re-joined Cains having spent the last two and a half years setting up the Island’s Financial Intelligence Unit, the body which receives, analyses and distributes financial intelligence gathered from suspicious activity reports (SARs).
- Irving v Attorney General and others – acted for H.M. Attorney General and other members of the Isle of Man Government in relation to an appeal brought by the claimants against the striking out of their claim for damages (in excess of £3.5 million).
- Re JSC Parex Banka – acted for this Latvian bank in relation to the appointment of a receiver over shares in an Isle of Man company.
- Re LCL Insurance Company Limited – acted for the applicant in relation to seeking court sanction for an insurance business transfer scheme.
- H.M Attorney General v John Trevor Roche Baines and Wendy Nicolau de Almeida Baines –acted for H.M. Attorney General in relation to money laundering and false accounting proceedings, including related doleance (judicial review) proceedings.
- USA v Poyiadjis – acted for H.M Attorney General/the United States Department of Justice in a US$200 million repatriation of funds to the United States.
- Appeal of Michael John Culverhouse, Chief Constable of the Isle of Man Constabulary –acted for the Chief Constable in proceedings concerning a constable’s consent under local anti-money laundering legislation.
- Petition of Singer & Friedlander Investment Management (IOM) Limited – represented the petitioner in respect of an application for directions regarding the distribution of clients’ money following the liquidation of Kaupthing Singer & Friedlander (Isle of Man) Limited.
- Petition of Michael John Fayle, Liquidator of RAB Multi Strategy Fund plc (in Liquidation) –represented the petitioner in respect of an application to the court for directions as to the construction of the company’s articles.
- Petition of Alliance & Leicester International Limited – represented the Garda Bureau of Fraud Investigations, Dublin in relation to a petition brought by the bank for the direction of the court due to concerns the bank may be held liable as a constructive trustee.
If we can help you with any requirements please call us on +44 1624 638300 or email us your enquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org