A cross-practice team comprising members of Cains’ banking and finance, employment and data protection and insurance teams, recently provided the Isle of Man chapter of Lexis Nexis Hong Kong’s International Financial Markets Guide 2020.
The Guide, which covers all of the major jurisdictions involved in international cross border finance, provides a unique summary of the legal and regulatory issues which are most often encountered in the international banking, investment and insurance markets.
The Isle of Man Chapter was co-authored by Tim Shepherd, Stephanie Chew, Matthew Wilkinson, Jonathan Latham and Adam Clark and provides an overview of the legal and regulatory landscape of the following areas:
- Telephone taping
- Money laundering
- Data protection
- Insider dealing
- Market manipulation
- Exchange contracts
- Encryption technology
- Clients and counterparties
- Registration, disclosure and change of control
- Internet and e-commerce
- Oral communications
- Marketing of funds
- Authorisation: deposit-taking and lending
- Authorisation: investment services
- Authorisation: insurance
- The need for a subsidiary
- Conduct of Business (CoB) rules
- Prudential rules
- Liens, charges and pledges
- Exchange/settlement systems
Subscribers can log in and read the chapter in full here.