Cains’ dedicated and experienced employment law unit offers a comprehensive range of services relating to both non-contentious and contentious employment matters.
We specialise in giving prompt and practical advice in an area of complex law and regulation covering the whole range of issues from recruitment right through to cessation of employment and post-termination concerns. Acting almost exclusively for employers, we support Cains’ corporate clients and their managers/HR teams in relation to, amongst others, the following areas:
- contractual documentation, handbooks and manuals (for example, drafting and reviewing clients’ employment practices and policies including disciplinary and grievance procedures and those relating to redundancy, equality, family leave/flexible working and e-mail/IT usage);
- service agreements and consultancy agreements for directors and senior personnel;
- employment aspects of acquisitions and disposals and other commercial transactions;
- performance and conduct issues;
- advising on terminations including drafting and negotiating compromise agreements;
- unfair dismissal and other employee claims, including case preparation and management as well as representing clients before the Employment Tribunal or in the High Court;
- enforcement of post-termination covenants and protecting confidential/commercially sensitive information following cessation of employment;
- new legislation, briefings and in-house training; and
- preparing for and attending at Employment Tribunal procedings.
For more information please contact: Katherine Shea, Sally Cranshaw or Robert Colquitt.