Jacqui is a senior advocate with extensive international commercial litigation and arbitration experience.
Whilst practising as an English solicitor for over 15 years at leading London law firms and serving for two years as General Counsel of a Lloyd’s of London Managing agency, Jacqui acquired specialist insurance and reinsurance market knowledge and experience in resolving complex, document heavy, multi-jurisdictional disputes. Cases typically involved allegations of fraud, misrepresentation, non-disclosure, negligence and breach of contract. She has been recommended by legal directories for her insurance knowledge.
Jacqui is qualified as a Manx advocate and has represented local and international clients involved in a wide range of Isle of Man High Court cases since 2007. These have included doleance (judicial review) proceedings and cases involving trust issues, FSA investigations, insolvency and winding up proceedings and allegations of mismanagement and negligence arising out of complex financial services and investment management structures.
- Metro Baltic Horizons – acted for a defendant in a claim for misrepresentation and mismanagement of AIM listed property investment company.
- InterRetire – acted for claimant alleging international bank was negligent in administering a pension fund business.
- Louis Group – winding up petitions on grounds of public policy in respect of companies connected to a property investment fund involving investigations of conduct by FSA.
- Kaupthing, Singer & Freidlander – acted for noticed party to Liquidators’ petition to court for guidance on status and distribution of funds.
- Seaside Shipping – Doleance proceedings challenged IOM Steam Packet Company monopoly on grounds of EU law, including Staff of Government Division appeal and defended application for leave to appeal to Privy Council.
- Kololi Travel Ltd – acted in respect of claims concerning investment in and management of a timeshare resort in the Gambia.
If we can help you with any requirements please call us on +44 1624 638300 (Isle of Man) or call London on +44 20 7367 0030 or for Singapore call +65 6232 2470, or email us your enquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org