Garry joined Cains in 2017 having spent almost a decade working for Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP in London, Hong Kong and New York. He has extensive experience in domestic and cross-border mergers and acquisitions, private equity investments and corporate finance (including public and private securities offerings).
- advising on numerous investments by TPG, including the sale of a partial stake in BTPN (an Indonesian bank) for more than $1.5 billion, an investment in Asia’s leading online property portal group, the largest ever foreign investment in the Sri Lankan banking industry, multiple investments in the healthcare sector in South Asia and TPG’s debut investments in Africa and the Philippines;
- advising on the Qatar Investment Authority’s purchase of a 24.99% stake in St. Petersburg International Airport;
- advising a consortium member on the purchase of a 61% stake in National Grid’s gas distribution business;
- advising EMC Corporation on its public takeover of AIM-listed Conchango plc;
- advising on VTB’s $20 billion LPN programme and multiple drawdowns (including the first ever offering of renminbi bonds by an emerging markets issuer);
- advising VTB in connection with the sale of a 10% stake, worth $3.3 billion, by the Russian Federation;
- advising Goldman Sachs as initial purchaser in a $1.5 billion bond offering by TSMC, the world’s largest semiconductor foundry;
- advising Sovcomflot on its $800 million debut Eurobond offering;
- advising Petron Corporation on a $750 million perpetual bond offering, the largest offshore perpetual bond issue by a Philippine company;
- advising the underwriters on Qiagen’s $640 million offering of common shares; and
- advising San Miguel Corporation on a tender offer and consent solicitation relating to $600 million of exchangeable bonds.
If we can help you with any requirements please call us on +44 1624 638300 or email us your enquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org